Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
As Governors, we are responsible for a number of areas including attainment, finance, policies and procedures. Our role involves working closely with the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team to ensure children get the best possible education to enable them to reach their full potential, in an environment where they feel safe, valued and learning is fun.
Our main functions are to:
- Help set the aims and objectives for the school
- Help to ensure our policies and procedures are relevant and achieve their objectives
- Set targets to monitor the progress of the school to ensure it is meeting its aims and objectives
- Be a critical friend to the school and provide a source of challenge and support.
The Governing Body consists of:
- 2 Parent Representatives
- 1 LA Representatives
- 1 Staff Representatives
- 1 Headteacher
- 5 Co-opted Representatives
- 2 Foundation Representatives
Total Governors 12
The name of the body entitled to appoint co-opted governors is The Lantern Learning Trust (Inner City North, Leeds)
The school has a trust entitled The Lantern Learning Trust (Inner City North, Leeds)
The term of office of governors is to be 4 years
Mr Asghar Ali - Chair of Governors
Cllr Kayleigh Brookes
Ms Marian Charlton
Miss Sharon Cunningham
Cllr Abigail Marshall-Katung
Miss Eileen Murray
Mr Adrian Sugden
Ms Nicole Walkley
Mrs Sylvia Whyke - Joint Vice Chair of Governors
Miss Helen Williamson
Mrs Jill Wood - Headteacher
Mr Terry Wrigley - Joint Vice Chair of Governors